Hughesnet feedback, reviews?

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
Mazaman

Hughesnet feedback, reviews?

Post by Mazaman » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:39 pm

Anyone have any feedback?

dcassidy

Re: Hughesnet feedback, reviews?

Post by dcassidy » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:42 pm

We used Hughesnet and were not impressed. Went back to Methownet. It is okay if it is your only option, which is the case for some people in the valley. We have all the equipment and would be willing to sell it if you are interested. 509-429 2655.

Mazaman

Post by Mazaman » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:58 pm

I read a bunch of reviews and decided I didn't want to take 3 hours for a 45 minute show to buffer. That's so 90's!

sergey

Post by sergey » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:20 am

We used this thing for a while a couple years ago.

Streaming is actually fine. What is not fine is almost everything else. Because most web apps these days - most web sites - take many round trips between the server and you before the view even renders, and on satellite the latency of a round trip is almost a second (compared to 50ms normally) - a lot of things time out before even starting. The same is true for most security systems, smart home electronics, etc. Basically satellite internet is a desperate measure if you cannot get anything else.

smilealot

Post by smilealot » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:37 am

it's not user friendly don't waist your time.........poor quality poor service. not helpful at all need I say more I wasn't happy.........! down load is slow and up ;load slower even yet.

ok i didn't play nice in the sand box........ not a great service use the local internet folks..... methownet.......
Have a great day! Smilealot and as often as you can. Ruthie

Return to “Main Forum”     Back