Looking to get away this winter

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.
Thatcarltonguy

Looking to get away this winter

Post by Thatcarltonguy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:25 am

Hello everyone my name is Andy some of you may or may not know me from doing firewood (which by the way I'm still selling for currently 240$ split and delivered call or text 5098466266) but the main reason for this post is I'm young and trying to travel somewhere warm this winter but am basically flat broke and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts or ideas of how I could stack some cash to go, I'm not sure we're I wanna go yet but I just figured anywhere that's warm I'm 24 and never left this state! With the way things cost now a days I figured im gonna need somewhere from 5000-10000$ to be able to comfortably not have to worrie on my travels so agin any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated thanks a bunch everyone and have a great day

chickadee

Re: Looking to get away this winter

Post by chickadee » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:02 pm

Have you thought of volunteering somewhere? A lot of places will give you housing and a small stipend, in exchange for less-than-FT work. If you hunt around, you can find some really interesting opportunities in awesome corners of the world. I've even been able to bank a little money by living very frugally on a COL stipend. If you are dedicated and give yourself to a position, you can pick up some really good work experience and make some contacts worth their weight in gold. Fire wood is hard work, you could probably impress some folks with your willingness to work.

I'm biased from my background, but you might check out volunteer.gov, the Texas A&M Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences job board (lots of volunteer gigs), and the ATTRA internship listings. Someone just told me about a site called Workaway, but I haven't used it.

Volunteering isn't always a luxurious lifestyle, and can be frustrating at times, but it's good to get out in the world and find what matters to you.

brenttannehill

Post by brenttannehill » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:24 am

All Hands and Hearts is an organization that you can volunteer for in foreign countries, specifically Latin America. A friend at work is in Mexico right now helping to re-build a primary school that was destroyed by an earthquake. You pay the plane fare, they supply two meals and a place to sleep.
Brent Tannehill

tayloralexandra

Post by tayloralexandra » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:20 am

Check out helpx.net for free lodging/food in return for occasional work - lots of warm scenic locations!

saldesalvo1987

Post by saldesalvo1987 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:24 pm

I hear that you can sell a teste for a nine k. Be a real man and sell em both for 18.

navisradwick1

Post by navisradwick1 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:45 pm

Try using Red week they have really good condo rentals and are worth the eighteen dollars a year to join. Nikki

Return to “Main Forum”     Back